Analyze with Custom Filters: Set up filters on HR system data tied to specific Measures of DEI
Overview: Custom Filters
Dandi has the ability to apply custom filters on data from your HR systems. This enables you to conduct analyses that focus on and/or exclude a specific group automatically before your data is processed and reports are produced, saving your team time and effort as you analyze and act on DEI data.
Use Cases: Custom Filters
- Measuring Representation: Focus on and/or exclude different types of employee classifications such as full-time, part-time, and temporary employees.
- Measuring Hiring: Focus on and/or exclude interns from your analysis.
- Measuring Retention: Focus on and/or exclude employees who were part of a workforce reduction.
How it Works: Custom Filters
- Dandi integrates with your HRIS to capture all of your employee data by default, which provides the most comprehensive analysis for DEI reporting.
- However, there are cases where you may want to filter the full employee data set to accommodate your reporting requirements up front, saving your team time and effort as you analyze and act on DEI data.
- As long as a filter (e.g., a field or value) can be defined by HRIS data, a custom filter can be created in your Dandi account.
- Once a custom filter is in place, it will be applied automatically and all of your Dandi reports will be preset to analyze your data based on your custom configuration.
Getting Started: Custom Filters
- Identify which custom filters you might set up by considering which categories of employees you might want to focus on and/or exclude in your analyses. Consult leaders and stakeholders to identify the segments that matter most to the organization.
- Check your HR systems to see if the required data fields are available for that filter.
- Prepare to tell Dandi how filter is defined (e.g., employee type = full-time regular or start date = after X date)
- If you have questions and/or if you’d like to get started using Custom Filters for your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss next steps.