As an administrator, you can configure user access across your Dandi account. Additional users are other employees within your company who play a role in your DEI strategy (e.g., HR, Talent, Management/Leadership, Department Heads, etc.) These users can also include partners outside of your company, such as an HR consultant.
If you’d like to set up SSO and you have a supported identity provider (SAML, OAuth), please read here and reach out to your customer success representative to have this configured.
Users can be invited to your account through the Admin page, which is accessible by clicking on Admin in the left navigation bar.
You will see your account under the Users list. To invite a new user, click on the Create User button in the right sidebar. This will open a modal box. Enter the following:
- Email address of the user you're inviting
- Appropriate role from the dropdown (you can change a user's role after they sign up)
- (Optional) Personal note to the user. The note will display within the invitation email.
You can change a user’s role at any time after the user has signed up. Click Send to send the invitation.
The invited user will now appear in the Users list displaying an email address. Once the user clicks on the invitation email and signs up, their name will then appear in the Users list.
Roles and Permissions
Dandi provides three user roles:
- The Administrator has full access to the entire platform
- Responsible for user administration, integrations, billing
- Has full access to Explore, Dashboards, Collect, and Admin
- Has access to view and edit all dashboards created by anyone in the account
- The Editor has full access except for the the Administration section
- Has full access to Explore, Dashboards, and Collect
- Has access to view and edit all dashboards created in the account
- The Viewer only has access to view dashboards that have been shared with them
- Has access to view Explore for the reports within these shared dashboards
- Cannot generate new reports or dashboards
A best practice is to set up your team as follows:
- Identify an individual or a few people who are responsible for managing access to the Dandi platform. This includes adding and removing users, and defining the roles for each user. These will be your administrators.
- Set up users that are going to be creating your reports as Editors. These are typically analysts and people that will curate your dashboards for the rest of the team.
- Set up users as Viewers who are going to be primarily consuming the data, and need to have specific controls on what data they can access. These are typically department heads, business partners, and other individuals and need access to specific analyses.